Here's the recipe for Jolly Jonas's Shrimps in Chipotle Sauce
Shrimps in Chipotle Sauce
Serving Size: 2-3 servings
Preparation Time: 0:45
- 1 lb. shrimp, large, peeled, butterflied (with tail left on)
salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1/3 cup live, oil, light
- 1 onion, white, medium, finely sliced
- 1/2 lb. tomatoes, broiled (about 2 large)
- 1 tbls chipotle powder or to taste
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup wine, white, dry
- 1 tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp oregano, dried, Mexican if possible
Season the shrimps with salt, pepper, and lime juice and set aside to marinate for about 30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan; add the drained shrimp, reserving any liquid,and sliced onion and fry, shaking the pan and tossing the ingredients, for about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp and onion with a slotted spoon and set aside.
In a blender, blend the tomatoes, chipotles and their liquid, and garlic to a textured sauce. Reheat the oil, add the sauce, and fry over high heat, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking, for about 8 minutes. Add the wine, oregano, marinade, and salt to taste and cook for another minute. Add the shrimp/onion mixture and cook for about 2 minutes, the shrimps should be just cooked and still crisp.